Open Relationship - poochy (Full Album)
Victoria punk rockers Open Relationship released a new album today called poochy. It’s only available digitally right now, but a physical release on cassette will be coming in a couple of weeks at their Copper Owl gig.
- hit it
- nice d
- too drunk
- fenton treeby
The new tracks sound fantastic. Hopefully they’ll be putting out another awesome 7” and getting some more shows in this year. You should definitely check them out if you have the opportunity.
Twelve Favorites From 2012
I was thinking about doing a Top Ten or whatever, but I’m horrible at naming or sticking to any kind of Favorites list. Lots of second guessing. Instead, I’m going to try something different: pick one music post from each month last year. Something that stood out for me somehow at that time. I hope you check these out, especially if you’re unfamiliar with them:
- Jan: Kathleen Edwards - Change The Sheets (Live)
- Feb: Open Relationship - Born Weird
- Mar: Miike Snow - Paddling Out
- Apr: Grimes - Genesis (Live)
- May: Regina Spektor - All The Rowboats (Live)
- Jun: Metric - Youth Without Youth (Live)
- Jul: Euros Childs - Spin That Girl Around
- Aug: Bat For Lashes - Laura
- Sep: David Byrne & St. Vincent - Who
- Oct: La Sera - Break My Heart
- Nov: Teleman - Cristina
- Dec: Rae Corcoran - You Are (The Saddest Song)
Okay, that was really tough to narrow down a handful of songs every month to one in particular, and I left out a bunch! Haha, see? Second guessing. Cruise through my archives, month by month, and you’ll see what I mean.
So yeah, not necessarily my Top Twelve, but twelve I certainly enjoyed in 2012.